This Is For 8 Frame Hives.
If you want to pick up your WBK instead of having it shipped, order it by calling us during our office hours at 217-427-2678.
Instructions are enclosed in box; please use asap or freeze. We do not accept returns on WBKs. Make sure you are purchasing the correct size (8 or 10 frame).
Our WINTER-BEE-KIND board insulates the top, provides upper ventilation and comes with 4-5 lbs. of candy for the bees to eat should they need it during the winter. NOW INCLUDES pollen and feeding stimulant!! Each candy board also has pollen embedded into the candy sugar to also give the bees the protein they need in their feed as well. This WINTER-BEE-KIND board insulates, ventilates and feeds your bees as a single unit.
Just install it above your bees, put on the top cover and you’re set! We’ve named it “WINTER-BEE-KIND.” The candy portion faces down toward the cluster and the insulation faces up.
We use a special piece of insulation that is backed with a thin piece of metal to help reduce condensation in the hive. It has a special upper vent which also serves as an exit and entrance for bees as well as a place to help excess condensation escape. Do not delay. This board can be placed onto the hive in the fall or at any time in the winter, just place it on as fast! :-) This board is reusable and refillable. We will send a basic-sugar candy recipe for refill, use other feeding stimulants or pollen as you desire according to the manufacturer's recommendations.
We no longer accept refills for WBKs due to storage space and other limitations--except for local customers who can bring the board to the store and return at a later date to pick it up.
1. Bring 12 oz of water to boil in large pan.
2. Pour in 4 lb of sugar and mix until dissolved.
3. Bring to 250 degrees, stirring occasionally, then turn off heat.
4. If adding pollen, pollen powder, vitamins or feeding stimulant, please follow manufacturer's directions on amounts.
5. Let cool before placing on hive. Place on hive on a windless, calm day. Do not do any inspections of hive while you are changing this board.