5F-ILLINOIS OVERWINTERED BEE NUCS *SOLD OUT FOR 2024*
Please note and agree to the following before ordering nucs. Our nucs and packages are PICKUP only in Central Illinois (address below)
Your order indicates your acceptance of our policy.
1. We recommend that only those within a 2 hour radius purchase our nucs.
2. Please take a class so you are correctly prepared and knowledgeable about bees and beekeeping before picking up our livestock.
3. Our plan is to have one pick up date for 2024. We will email you the details. That means you must read your email--double check your spam. Please know that you will need patience as times and dates may change due to buildup or weather, yet we still need our nucs to be picked up as soon as we make them, so while we can work somewhat around your schedule in the event of a schedule change, we are not able to make big allowances for your Italy vacation or Aunt Betty's birthday party (both true stories!)
4. However, if we are not able to do one pick up date, and therefore must schedule numerous pick up times, we will call you. That means you'll need to pick up the phone, otherwise, we will continue on our list until we find customers who can pick up quickly. We will not leave voice mail as that induces confusion and chaos. However, by the last "wave", we will do our best to notify you in whatever way possible, be it phone, email, or carrier pigeon. But you must respond!
5. We will send further information via email on how to best care for them and transport the nucs. Please read, user error will not be covered.
6. Cancellation policy: You can cancel up to April 1, 2024 with a refund - 10% restock fee. No cancellations after April 1, 2024.
Illinois Overwintered 5 Frame Nucs with mated queen for sale.
These nucs (short for nucleus) are made up of 5 Langstroth Deep frames of bees, brood, pollen/nectar resource frames and comes with a mated queen.
These are not nucs from the south and are not made from packages. These are nucs from Illinois overwintered colonies and are inspected by the Illinois Department Agriculture before pick up.
The date for 2024 year's pick up is______________
The time for 2024 year's pick up is from 9 am - 10 am Central Time
Note: This date can change. We put the pick up date on the top of our homepage. Do not come to pick up nucs until you have checked the front page and see the "all clear" signal. If the date changes, we will alert you on the front homepage of our website.
The address for pick up is. 14556 N 1020 East Rd
Fairmount IL 61841
It is curbside pick up. You will enter the line in your car, wait your turn, and we put the bees into your car for you. We brush off all the stragglers (but please know that sometimes there's a straggler or two we can't see) and do all the work for you! Please bring protective gear if you are uncomfortable around bees, and it's better to leave the animals and kiddies at home.
These bees need AIR and to be KEPT COOL. Do not put into crates, tupperware or wrap in blankets or sheets. Keep the nucs at the same temperatures as you. Get them home quickly and install.
We expect you to be knowledgeable about bees and to have taken a class on equipment, hive placement, inspection techniques, pests & diseases and current treatments. You will need to find out any laws or regulations, including insurance in your town and county.