Do not order other items with Winter Bee Kinds. All other items must be ordered separately.
PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION BEFORE PURCHASING
Winter Bee Kinds are sold from Aug. 1 - Jan. 15. WBKs only ship during cold weather, therefore the earliest date to ship is early to mid November. WBKS ship in the order in which we receive them; therefore August orders will ship first. Please be patient, all WBKs ordered from Aug. - Nov are shipped by December 1 IF the weather is cold.
1. If you need other items, please order separately from WBKs, otherwise the ENTIRE order will ship when the WBKs ship.
2. If you want to PICK UP at our center in Fairmount, IL please CALL IN your order during our office hours at 217-427-2678.
3. Order with a valid email that you check and use because we will send you more information to your email.
4. WBKs ship when the weather is cold enough in Illinois (we are sorry, we know some of you experience colder temps earlier, but they can't ship until it's cold enough here) The boards ship in the order in which we receive them in daily batches (so YOUR order may not ship until a later date). You will receive a notification from UPS - WORLDSHIP when your order has shipped. After you have received the notification, wait 7 days --if you still have not received it, call us then to track your order.
5. Instructions are enclosed. Please place WBK board on the hive asap, OR freeze (it is a food product for honey bees and will not keep). We are sorry but we can not take returns on food products.
6. Put on your hive after the first frost, and before the winter solstice.
Use our Winter-Bee-Kind board when daytime temperatures are consistently below 50 degrees. Place board above your bee cluster with the candy side facing down and insulation side facing up. This will replace your inner cover. Simply place top cover over board and you're set! The amount of time your bees will take to finish the candy depends on how much food your bees have already packed away for the winter. Some colonies will take several weeks to finish the candy, and other colonies will take two weeks to finish. The board is refillable for reuse many times. We send a basic sugar-candy recipe, add your own feeding stimulants or pollen as desired and per manufacturer's instructions.
Our WINTER-BEE-KIND board insulates the top, provides upper ventilation and comes filled with sugar and pollen for the bees to eat should they need it during the winter. NOW WITH pollen and feed stimulant! Each candy board also has pollen embedded into the candy sugar to give the bees the protein they need in their feed as well. This WINTER-BEE-KIND board insulates, ventilates and feeds your bees as a single unit. This is an Emergency winter feeding solution, that should only be used when it's too cold for bees to continue flying, which is typically when daytime temperatures are consistently below 50 degrees.
We use a special piece of insulation that is backed with a thin piece of metal to help reduce condensation in the hive. It has a special upper vent which also serves as an exit and entrance for bees as well as a place to help excess condensation escape. The WINTER-BEE-KIND also comes with a recipe on how to make our candy so that you can refill your candy section when needed, usually about once a month, depending on how much honey is in the hive.
We are sorry, but due to the high volume orders for our WBK board and storage space, we can no longer accept refills on WBKs, with the exception of walk in customers who can drop their boards off and return for them at a later date. Thank you.